Your support helps protect the natural resources, cultural heritage, and agricultural vitality of America’s legendary Shenandoah Valley.
VCC Membership Levels:
- Valley Guardian ($5,000 and above)
- Valley Steward ($1,000 to $4,999)
- Valley Settler ($500 to $999)
- Valley Pioneer ($100 to $499)
- Valley Explorer (from $30 per individual/$50 per family to $99)
- Student Membership ($10)
- $30 covers our travel costs associated with monitoring four easements in Augusta County
- $100 allows us to provide kites to kids who don’t have their own at our annual Kites & Critters event
- $250 allows us to meet with a landowner and investigate a potential new conservation property
- $500 allows us to print and mail a newsletter to all of our members
- $1,000 allows us to send a staff member to attend a 3-day intensive training conference to learn best practices in land conservation
- $5,000 covers the costs of staff time to protect a new property in our region
Need more convincing?
- VCC helps landowners voluntarily conserve their farmland, forests, and open spaces – tens of thousands of acres so far in the region.
- VCC assists farmers by connecting them with the appropriate agencies that help them protect the valley’s land and water in an ecologically and economically sustainable way.
- VCC provides kids with outdoor activities and education at our annual Kites & Critters event.
- VCC educates valley residents each year through programs on conservation, events, conferences, and “boots on the ground” projects.
- VCC encourages localities and citizens to promote land use that respects our region’s rural landscapes, abundant natural resources, and vibrant communities rich in history and character.